[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - Hello all & Need Help !!

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 pm
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

Post subject: Hello all & Need Help !!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:47 am 
Quad

Hi,

I was very fortunate to have found this forum while searching for a proper solution to convert stereo to 5.1 dts :D !!

A bit bout me,Am from Bangalore India (most of you should be aware of the place ;) ) Am into DIY Audio and such ! Love to spend hours on comp doing some creative stuff,Like working with various software and OSes and what not :lol: ! Am also a Avid Shutter Bug,take pics on regular basis (anyone interested in seeing let me know ) !

So thats me and Now bout my comp ( Don't laugh please :oops: )

CPU : AMD Sempron 2600+
RAM :1 Gb
HDD : 40Gb
M/B : Asrock K7VM3
Sound : Inbuilt (Realtek)
Graphics : Inbuilt (Via S3 IGP Chrome)

Now coming to the real problem !! after reading the wiki and such I downloaded the Plogue (lucky got a free version till feb 2010) and then downloaded the SPEC 4, put all the files in their respective folders ( Bidule didn't have a default plugins folder so created one ),later added the new 4 AutoV2 !

What happens is,the moment I try to open bidule it crashes throwing a error message (the default win7 where it says app has stopped respoding look for solution Blah Blah) !! if I remove the SPEC4 layout files it starts fine !

I checked everything from morning (now its midnight here) but no use,I even downloaded the VC++ express2008 with Sp1 with bunch of MS Crap (like visual Studio and what not) as the standalone was not doing the job (the link provided in this forum)

So double checked all but no use,And Ohh before I forget,my Proccy is SSE one not SSE2 so I have used non version of the Arc Tan file !!

If I have left anything please do ask, Please Please help me get this going as Am very badly looking forward to making some DTS music !!

Regards.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:28 am 
SBU Wiki Team

I have windows 7 and it's working OK for me.

Please make sure you installed the 32 bit version of Plogue and are putting The SPEC pulgins in Plogue under the x86 program files directory.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:33 am 
Quad

Hi,

Zee thanks for quick reply :) !!

Well There is no X64 issue with my comp !! the OS and all the programs are of x86 type and Bidule is no exception !! so there is no specific X86 program directory (not that I know of ) !!

Please let me know anything in specific or in general that I need to check based on the above !!

Regards.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:09 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:16 am 
Quad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:00 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Looks like under Windows 7 the log files are in:

User name --> AppData --> roaming --> Plogue --> Bidule

Please look there.

It seems very unusual that a Layout could cause a problem with Plogue starting, as it doesn't need to read layouts at startup.

You could try starting Plogue without the SPEC layout installed in the layouts folder, and then open the SPEC layout from some other location.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:58 am 
Surroundaholic

hello, sorry for the English ..

I check the SPEC in Plogue with windows 7 32 bit and if I work well ...
I had a similar problem, but seeks to find the solution. in theory is that some plugin installed before the Plogue and already loaded in the windows registry would not let me run the SPEC, besides that I had not installed the Visual C + +2008 SP1. solution: I had to reformat my pc and reinstall everything (something drastic but it worked) .. saludos ... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:16 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Well before re-installing windows I would recommend asking for help over at Plogue.com. And again, the log file is your friend. Look there whenever you have a problem with Plogue.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:02 am 
Quad

HI,

Zee I've sort of figured out the issue :geek: !! The problem lies in the ArcTanPanMB.dll, I've tried both the non SSE2 and SSE2 with both the bidule refuses to start :oops: !! but if I remove that file from the plugins folder and start bidule,it not only starts perfectly but also now loads the SPEC and SPEC Auto both without any problems !!

I tried to do a mix,although it did the conversion but gave me three sets (3 sets multichannel track each named 00 track 1-5,002 track 1-5 and 003 track 1-5) !! Am not sure that this is the way its supposed to output files and also Am not that happy with quality of the final output !

Am not sure this is coz of the missing plugin (the ArcTanPanMB ) or what !!

What do you have to say ???

Regards.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:54 am 
Surround Addict