SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 am
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

Post subject: Program Design or Quirk?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:31 am 
Surround Enthusiast

Whenever I open the Slice program (or a saved layout that uses Slice) I have to reset the Bass Routing XOver frequency back to my desired setting. It always reverts back to the default 200.0. Also, when I turn on the program, Slice Mode changes to Mute and I have to change it to Processing before starting the file. Are these purposely designed this way in the program or just quirks? (Or are they only happening to me?)
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:34 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

No, your settings should stick.

What versions of Plogue, and Spec are you using?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:45 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Plogue 0.9721
Spec 4.85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:26 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

I can't duplicate here.

Please upgrade to Plogue 0.9722 and see if that solves the problem.

http://www.plogue.com/bidule/latest/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:03 am 
Surround Enthusiast

I upgraded to Plogue 0.9722 (stand alone) and it appears the settings are holding....but now most of the program is not working. I have red boxes on everything except Audio File Player, ZPan, Normalization and Zmon. The drop down boxes in each section are blank. For example in the Input Conditioning Selector, the Input Select drop down is blank. (The Mode box is normal.) This is not good.

I remember that when I installed the last version there was a step or installation change where it changed the way you start the program (using Plogue 2). Is there another step I need to take to get 0.9722 to work?
(I'm running an XP P4 if that matters.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:45 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Just re-run the spec installer. It will download the latest "P2" version of Plogue automatically.

OR, if want to do it yourself, go back to the "latest version" of plogue page and get the "Standalone discrete processing test version(version 0.9722)". Uncompress it and place the exe file in your Plogue Bidule program folder, and use that to start Plogue.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 am 
Surround Enthusiast

OK, that got the program working again. (Thanks!) But now it is back to not saving the Bass Routing frequency and when I hit the "On" button Spec goes to "Mute" and (if I am using ArcTan) Zpan goes to "Bypass". So now I am back to my original problem. Maybe it is just a quirk in my machine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:00 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

The 2nd one (Zpan goes to bypass when using ArcTan) is part of the layout. You can remove the parameter link in the layout if you want to use Zpan with ArcTan:

The source is: SPEC 4.85.Xpan and ArcTan LED PM D[Modulation]

and the Target is: ZPan [Mode]

1) Press the "Parameters" button at the top of Plogue.

2) Click on the "Target" Column header in the lower pane to sort by target.

3) Look for "ZPan [Mode]"

4) Click on that row to select it, and verify that the source is as I have written above.

5) Click on "unlink" at the bottom.

6) Save you layout. You can right click on Zpan and select the processing mode to manually set it to processing before you save.

Please describe what you mean by "Spec goes to mute". Did you mean "Slice"? That sounds like an older layout.

And, are we talking about the "Slice" that is a method all by itself or the one that is part of ArcTan (slice blended rears)?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:10 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Sorry, I did mean Slice when I said Spec. It happens in both methods, whether I am using Slice by itself or for the rears when using ArcTan. (And Bass Routing reverts back to the default 200 whenever I close Plogue.)

The instructions you gave me did do the trick for Zpan. It now stays in process mode when I turn the program. (Thanks!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:37 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Well you are saving your layout, right? Oh, you said you were.

OK. Set the Slice mode on (with Bidule processing on) and save you layout under a new name.

Open your saved layout in a text editor like notepad.

Search for Slice4_85. You should find to instances. If you saved your layout with the Slice method active, the first one should be processingMode="process" and the 2nd one (the one inside ArcTan) should be processingMode="mute".

Let's say you set your crossover freq. to exactly 80.0. you should fine:

<Parameter id="0" userMin="0" userMax="200" lockedForRandom="false" mutationFactor="0.1">80.0</Parameter>

under <Bidule id="UID_1279881847" type="com.plogue.FrequencyVariable" displayName="XOver Freq" processingMode="process">

Are you on XP or windows 7 (or mac)?