SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:25 am
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: SPEC 4.0 (Discussion)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:50 am 
SBU Wiki Team

This is the Discussion Thread for the Wiki entry titled "SPEC 4.0". Please post all questions about SPEC 4.0 utilization here in this thread.

To view the original Wiki Entry titled "SPEC 4.0", click here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 pm 
Surround Addict

i did everything same as in the guide but why the spec4 and z pan are red in color :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:43 am 
SBU Wiki Team

It looks like Plogue couldn't find your plugins. Please double check that you created the plugins directory exactly as follows:

C:\Program Files\Plogue\Bidule\plugins

inside the plugins folder you should have the four files:

ArcTanPanMB.dll
cc.dll
Panner.dll
slice.dll

Then you need to shutdown Plogue and restart it before loading the SPEC 4.0 layout. You might want to use the task manager to be sure there isn't an instance of PlogueBidule.exe running in the background before you restart Plogue.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:54 am 
Surround Addict

i did the same still same prb huh!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:34 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Tusku wrote:

What version of Windows and which version of Plogue Bidule are you running?

Can you provide an image showing a detailed listing of your C:\Program Files\Plogue\Bidule\plugins folder?

Also, hold the Ctrl key and double-click on one of the red boxes: it will open the group and you will see one or more red boxes. Continue drilling down (Ctrl + double-click) the red boxes until they don't open anymore, which means you have reached the missing component. What component(s) are missing at the lowest level?

Note: After drilling down, you can go back to a higher level by pressing Backspace.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:59 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Fan51 wrote:
Tusku wrote:

Ahh! I think I might be able to guess at the problem. If you are running a 64 bit OS and the 64 bit version of Plogue the current 4.0 plugins probably won't work because they were compiled for 32 bits. I can't really test it on my side easily but in general I would recommend running 32 bit version of Plogue, even on 64bit OSs. You're going to run into the 64 vs. 32 bit issue again and again with any VSTs and/or plugins otherwise, and I am not aware of any advantage to running the 64 bit version (but I can be educated).

However, if this does turn out to be the case I will work on 64 bit versions of the SPEC plugins.

Let us know.

FYI in the case of 32 bit Plogue on a 64 bit OS the plugins directory is at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Plogue\Bidule\plugins

Zeerround

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:06 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Zeerround wrote:
Fan51 wrote:
Tusku wrote:

Ahh! I think I might be able to guess at the problem. If you are running a 64 bit OS and the 64 bit version of Plogue the current 4.0 plugins probably won't work because they were compiled for 32 bits. I can't really test it on my side easily but in general I would recommend running 32 bit version of Plogue, even on 64bit OSs. You're going to run into the 64 vs. 32 bit issue again and again with any VSTs and/or plugins otherwise, and I am not aware of any advantage to running the 64 bit version (but I can be educated).

However, if this does turn out to be the case I will work on 64 bit versions of the SPEC plugins.

Let us know.

Zeerround

That's what I was getting at with my line of questioning. Whether this is Tusku's issue or not, I will update the SPEC 4.0 and Plogue Bidule wiki guides accordingly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:34 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

In another thread someone asked:

Quote:
Just a question.....

I have this "house" album here that I try to convert and there is an amzing thing going on : it has no center.
Not in stereo, not in every surround method I tried.
In stereo you don't have a "hole in the center" effect, but there is nothing in the center with for instance Extra Boy Pro, Multisonic, Farina or whatever method to produce 3 fronts out of 2.
Can SPEC handle this situation and give it a center ?

SPEC 4.0 has tools (ArcTan rearward bias and ArcTan Diagonal) that can do the opposite of what you're asking. It can separate things very close to the center into other channels. However we are working on the next version of SPEC, which (among other enhancements) will have "width" controls for center, front, and rear speakers in ArcTan. This would allow you to pull something off center into the center channel.

In extreme cases (Say for instance early Beatles stereo mixes where a vocal is panned hard to one side of the stereo rather than being in the middle) you can "re-wire" the output of SPEC to put something that comes out of SPEC in say the Surround Right speaker into the center.

You could also achieve the same effect with Zpan, by panning SR to Center.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:41 am 
Surround Addict

My sound card is creative 5.1 surround basic card

am not getting sound from LFE why so :(

But when i install srs driver it works :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:27 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Tusku, you will have to enable the bass boost option in SPEC to get a non-empty LFE channel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next