[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - Bidule 9707 spec4.6 zag 2.1 issue

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:48 pm
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:49 pm 
Surround Fan

Hi,
first time user of Spec etc. My machine is based on an Asus p5ql, 8gb ram core 2 quad 3.2GHZ. running Windows 7 64 bit. I have installed Plogue 9707 32 bit standalone and all the relevant modules & VST's. I have followed the video guide and loaded spec 4.6 & zag2.1 there are no red boxes so assume all is ok. The CD rip .cue file dropped on track time and loaded into zag, load the .wav file, press play on the player right click on spec 4.6 & click monitor. Nothing happens, on the video a level monitor is displayed, I get nothing and the player timeline stays at 0 as if it is not playing.

This is a clean first time install of plogue and the software so nothing left over from a previous install.

Unlike Jon I don't get a 100% cpu, just nothing !. help

Malcolm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:07 pm 
Surround Fan

ok, I uninstalled all files, deleted the plogue folders. I re installed plogue ONLY and tested a basic file player, it worked perfectly. Next I installed the VST plugins and as expected plogue still worked ok. Then I ran the spec 4.6 installer (VBS), opened plogue loaded spec4.6 and the cpu was at 50% (this is a quad core 3.2ghz) and two cpu cores were at 100%. This is repeatable and consistent, opening spec 4.6 with zag 2.1 will drive cpu to 50% and make the computer unresponsive, if I open plogue and just use file player say, it is fine.

Malcolm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:11 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

I suspect your DSP settings are too aggressive. In Preferences, under the DSP tab, set Buffer size to 512, FFT size to 4096, FFT overlap to 4 and check Higher Precision FFT. You should be able to live monitor and have a very decent CPU usage with these settings. If it works well, leave Buffer size at 512 and gradually increase the FFT size and overlap until live monitoring gets choppy. This will tell you how you should set your DSP parameters for live monitoring.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:48 am 
Surround Fan

Thanks,
I will try that tonight.

Malcolm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:26 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Somewhat tangential to this: When posting a technical question to the forum, can we all try to be a bit more descriptive with our subject headers in the future? Looking at the discussion threads leads you to sea of "Bidule Issue" and "SPEC Problem" headers. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:32 am 
SBU Wiki Team

I have seen this happen the first time spec is loaded if in your prefrences "process at start up" is checked.

Sugest you uncheck that, make sure all your DSP settings are set as recommended, turn processing off, and load spec, and then turn processing on.

My experiance has been that once you do that, your CPU useage is "normal" and you can even check off "process at start up" again. Something about the first time ever loading SPEC or maybe the first time ever after a new Plogue install.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:02 pm 
Surround Fan

I have checked and double checked my setup, taken the advice and set DSP as shown, all settings are as required and still does not work. I tried the spec 4.6 simple bidule and got this error, maybe there is an issue with the distribution. plogue works fine with just a simple player.

Error was the audio file for the player wasn't found.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:27 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

No that just means I didn't clean out the filename in the recorder when I saved it.

I edited your post above for clarity. FYI you can show images here, by highlighting the image URL and then clicking on the Img button.

I don't see how it could be the distribution when many people have downloaded it without a problem. I don't doubt that you are seeing a problem. Just not understanding where the problem lies.

I'll double check on my end.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:41 pm 
Surround Fan

it is more than likely my lack of understanding of the product but I can follow instructions and that is what I have done. also maybe a side issue, once I have loaded spec & zag the simple player function no longer works.

Malcolm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

While we're trying to figure this out would you please try setting your DSP settings to:

Once we get things working we can adjust them upwards for better quaility.

Not sure what you meant by simple player stopped working. An audio file player connected to an output device doesn't work?

Check the little on off button at the top of Plogue (right most button). I asked you to change a setting in your prefrences which would mean you need to turn this button on after loading your layout.