[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - plogue crashes on startup only w/spec4.6 installed

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 pm
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:16 am 
Surround Enthusiast

I too am having problems with SPEC 4.6

I have been using SPEC 4.3.2 without issue. I installed the 4.6 this morning, and when I opened PLOGUE, I had the same symptoms.

Menu's slow, mouse movements slow in Plouge, CPU usage maxed out, when I went to process an audio file, the audio was all distorted. I rebooted and tried it again and got the same results. When I went back and loaded 4.3.2 it all worked fine again. Clean audio, fast response, CPU usage was fine.

I have a fairly hefty PC. It's a home made deal, ASUS P5K3, CPU is intel Quad Core Q6600 (2.4MHz), 8Gb DDR3 Memory, Windows 7 x64, and my C: drive is an Intel SSD 160Gb drive.

I also have a small Windows Gaget that monitors CPU performance. When I run the 4.6, it shows massive CPU usage, when I use 4.3.2, only one of the 4 CPU monitors gets close to max.

I went through and checked all of the file locations, everything is in the correct location.

Strange, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:24 am 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:56 am 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:20 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Just FYI Spec is developed on windows 7 64 bit (then tested on other platforms).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:08 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Well, only one CPU goes to 100 % at a time, but it changes from one to another.

Also, it only happens once processing is turned on.

I noticed some layout changes between the default 4.3.2 bidule I've been using
and the new 4.6.

In the 4.3.2, the outputs of the ZAG feed the ZMon, while in 4.6, it's the outputs of the Limiters
In 4.3.2, the Normalization sends 2 channels to ZAG, and 2 to ZMon, in 4.6 it sends to ZAG and Limiters

Also, I have a red circle/slash next to ZPlayer 1.4.

I assume this is all correct, because I never change anything here except to add my output device.
The odd thing is that it works perfectly with 4.3.2. I can switch back without closing Plogue and not have any issues.

It could just be my setup. I'm happy with 4.3.2, really! :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:34 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Oblio98, what version of Plogue are you running?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:00 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Well, I have been checking that out. I had version .9705. I checked to see if there was a newer version, and there was.

I went and downloaded the .9707 version, but I FORGOT that I wasn't supposed to be using the x64 version of Plogue with SPEC, so AFTER I installed the .9707 x64, I uninstalled that, upgraded the 32 bit Plogue to .9707, and somewhere along the lines, I lost a module.

I have gone through all of the documnetation and SPEC versions I've downloaded, but for some reason on the SPEC layout now my LIMITER box is red (which I assume means the module is not there).

Can anyone tell me where to find it? (I do have a backup of my C drive)

THANKS

:-jon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:26 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Oblio98, the Limiters group uses some VST's which are most probably still in the same folder. You need to check the VST Folder setting in Plogue's preferences and make sure it points to the folder where your VST's are actually stored.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:56 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

my guess is the 64 bit version of plogue changed your VST folder preferences to C:\Program Files, instead of C:\Program Files x86, and that why the 32 bit version is not seeing your limiter VSTs.

The circle with red slash means "musted". SPEC will mute Zplayer if you don't have it selected in the Input Selector/Conditioner (to save DSP load). This is normal behavior.

What are all the settings in your DSP preferences?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:28 am 
Surround Enthusiast

Can one of you experts help me out with this LIMITERS deal?

I restored my backed up C:\Program Files (x86)\Plouge Directory and my C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPLugins directory from my backup, and I STILL get the freaking red LIMITERS in the SPEC layout.

Does anyone know exactly where these plugins are and what they are called so I can check for them?

THANKS

:-jon