[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - DTS 5.1 to Dolby Digital 5.1

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 pm
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:44 am 
Surround Fan

Okay, here goes…
I just installed a new head unit in my car. A JVC KV-AVX77. It can decode and play Dolby Digital 5.1. The car had a place on the dash for a center channel so I installed a speaker there too. The system is starting to sound pretty great. Still tweaking things though.
My question is…
Is there a relatively easy way to convert all the wonderful DTS 5.1 audio content that I have collected over the years to Dolby Digital 5.1? What steps / applications?
As far as I can tell I would need to burn CD’s or DVD’s to play them in the car. I’m not sure if the unit can play back Dolby Digital content from a USB drive?
And ideas on how to do this would be great!
Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 am 
SBU Wiki Team

will do this for you. One of my principal testers also has a JVC in his car, and all of his suggestions have been included in the tool.
He can maybe comment as well, but here are the steps to follow:

1. use the Tools/audio conversion option to convert the DTS files to AC3
2. load these AC3 files in the main panel (load a corresponding CUE file to further split a long track in individual songs)
3. Mux to DVD and select the "Split by main audio track" (and the next release will also have a "Split by CUE entry" option)

Individual MPG files will be created that are playable on the JVC.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:12 pm 
Trusted User

Hi,

I have a JVC KV-AVX33 installed in my Honda Fit with a center channel by Alpine. It is an older model than yours with the facility of playing DVD-Audio,
something that JVC is no longer including in car players, a shame :cry: .
But with Audio Muxer I can encode all surround music I have, including the dozens of self made DVD-A's in my collection, and I carry them all in flash players (DataTraveler by Kingston). By now I have 1 32Gb, 2 16Gbs and 2 8Gb, with mpgs (surround), wavs or mp3s (stereo).
2 things are very important:

a) Your JVC will not accept an HD like My Passport, it has to be a solid state flash player, because they don't need to drain energy from the USB port on the JVC.
b) Don't mix mpg with other kind of files in the flash player. If you have one wav file and 2090 mpg files, JVC will recognize only the wav file and will not play the mpgs.

I don't burn music disks any more. :D

Have fun.

jethro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:41 pm 
Surround Fan

Thanks so much for the replies.
I am trying one of the large wav files of an entire album I have as was explained above. So far so good. (still says it’s “resampling” at the moment)
But It seems like I have run into another road block. Most of the DTS content I have are in DVD format (VIDEO_TS). Not sure what to do with those since I cannot get the method you described to recognize them?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:10 pm 
Trusted User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:40 pm 
Surround Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:55 pm 
Surround Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:00 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Good that it is working out.
The next version of AudioMuxer will allow for extracting audio from a VIDEO_TS folder (and extracting as well the chapter points ;) ).
It will be released by the end of this week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:10 pm 
Trusted User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:31 pm 
Surround Fan

Evidently AC3 Splitter 1.1 is shareware and not freeware. spam: Free to try (1-minute output limit); $19.99 to spam.

I am hoping that the upcoming version of Audiomuxer can handle this task because none of the DTS audio VOBs that I have contain any sort of cue file info? It seems as though that the info needed to create a cue file should exist somewhere in the VIDEO_TS folder? I’m just not sure where?

Looks as though I will need to figure this out or all I will be playing in the car are large full album mpgs with no direct track access. Lol

Oh yeah, I must have missed a step in the Rename the VOB to AC3 test I did? It did seem to work. And it did make 1 big mpg file. But when played it in the car all I got was silence. I need to back track my steps and see if I can tell where I went wrong.

Guy's, thanks for hanging in there with me on this thread! ;)
Man I’m such a noob! lol