[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - CC from SPEC

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:47 am
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

Post subject: CC from SPEC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:17 am 
Surround Addict

good day :!:

i did comparisons between CCGui and CC from SPEC only, was not used others options.
i can say that is very very cool.

i have few comments as CCGui works like:
C= center(hard center) = C - (SL & SR)
S= (L-C) = SL & (R-C) = SR

CC is very close but lose few very low frequences in Center.
have high definition in trebles, seems a little 'equalized' but must be the trebles from extremes(SL&SR) that still appear in the Center.
better isolation in Center is welcome, i still can hear SL & SR in the background.
the SL & SR 'deserve' more atention with basses as some musics have basses in left or right channels sometimes.
maybe doing lots of waveforms(sine waves) with lots of frequences can help to measure deep details about seperations between channels.

hey, this is not criticism, are singles comments from and for who really is interested in your development as SPEC is the (saying loud) BEST layout that i know inside my 251 layouts options to use.
if i'm bored with audio?!? yes, you can be really sure!
my sincere congrats!

cheers guys, go ahead! ;)

Post subject: Re: CC from SPEC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:43 am 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:50 am 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:13 am 
Surround Addict

i have some musics to check seperations and 6 are very cool, 2 was useds for tests:
Gentle Giant - No God's A Man and J.H.Experience - May This Be Love
both songs have fantastics seperations, transitions and is easy to recognize each fine detail.

again my impressions, read as 'my request' for what i call 'perfection' ;) :
Rear Humidity give better seperation/definition SL&SR in 0,95~1,0, less seperation in ~0,75 but give better basses.
my ideal for SL&SR is 0,95 but with the basses like using 0,75! 8-)

Center don't change and still have some from SR&SR in the background, is not so 'Hard Center' but is thousands better than lots of famous (shhh..t) tools like EBPro(EBPro give horribles artifacts, run miles from this 'thing').
my ideal for Center is better basses and hard/better definition. 8-)

if we can get this results i trash all my 251 layouts! :lol:

cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:45 am 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:18 pm 
Surround Addict

better 'hear and feel' than read my explanations, i will pm you later...deep details of what i mean inside. ;)
cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:53 pm 
Surround Junkie

I will behave and not mention the parts on which SPEC isn't "the best", because I know that criticism from me is a difficult subject ;)
But let me tell you this : it's far and far exaggerated to make a statement like that...........
It can be the best on particular albums, but there are also enough albums on which it sucks and other methods do better.
To base an opinion like that on two songs is not very realistic IMO.
If you want a more detailed explanation with the weaker points of the method, I'm willing to provide them to you by PM, because it's not
my intention to do this in public.
I already saw a few replies to people that made me frown......... and made me think if newbies are indeed good educated here......

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:42 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:46 pm 
Surround Addict

Fantasia,
i don't want to quote your entire post to answer, is not needed.

SPEC: is really the best 'layout' that i know for Plogue, not means that i know all layouts.
i can do seamless and faster using adobe audition as my pc is too old.
pretty new pc that i spam is here but no time to remove the package and install, more inportant is answer you!
in my understanding, critisism is more construtive than coward silences, stay posting your opinion that are keys to development.
without sincere criticism...have evolution?
i posted somewhere in the forum that i like of yours comments....now you know the reason: your sincerity!

why that song choseds for test: my definition for good seperetion:
L&R=the source stereo
Center(hard)= only what is in the center less extremes
SL&SR= what have only in extremes less center
this is my target.
if the source have the voice in the left, i want the voice in the left.
i don't 'remix' the channels(never)...the source give the seperation between channels, not me.
is my personal taste and my target.
i have ~220.000 musics...i can be wrong with this number in 20%, i never counted one by one.
the musics choseds i know a long time and have hard center, extremes with clevers definitions and transitions between channels. G.Giant music chosed have voice in the center, chorus in the left and different chorus in the right, then..are the musics to test seperetions and definitons between channels.
have others but i like to use that musics!
this musics 'have' to give me the seperetions between channels as i posted in details above.
ok, more details: if i hear the chorus in the right on the center channels after the extraction...have something wrong for my target.
now sum 50.5 years hearing musics...decoders/amplifiers and speakers, i don't want to post here(nothing gold around, the best part for me is 'me' hearing everything :lol: )

your detailed explanation: YES, please pm me, your opinion and knowledge are very very welcome, will encrease mine!

people that made you frown: again i tell you, i apriciate yours comments, they are constructives in my point of view. sinceres words sometimes sounds hard.
you're welcome and is very cool (and funny :lol: )

i know some people here a long time, some are 'so serious' but are fantastics persons too...the users live in differents countries, differents cultures, sometimes we have language barriers but soon or later we learn how each person is different and each one is cool....less me, i'm bipolar(maybe tenpolar like Ozzy), very crazy and nervous sometimes.... :P

waiting your pm Fantasia. ;)
cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:36 am 
Surround Junkie