[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - Multi-Matrix Quadraphonic Decoder for Plogue

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:30 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

I understood.

For the correct functioning, I only need the layout?
Or do I need something else, like this phasebug VST that you mentioned?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:51 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Actually I don't see PhaseBug in this one.

I don't have anyway to make a 32bit VST layout for you but what you want to do is open the attached "for VST" layout:

MultiMatrix1.jpg

and copy and paste it into your 32 bit version of plogue as a VST inside of foobar2000, and connect it up. It should look like this:

MultiMatrix2.jpg

I did save my 64 bit VST2 version of that, but I doubt you'll be able to open it in your old version of Plogue.

That's the attached that says "in VST".

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:54 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

When I open the original layout in Bidule, it looks like this:

I thought to insert a "Plugin Device" > "Bidule Plugin".
Two "Bidule Plugin_1" will appear, one for INPUT and one for OUTPUT.

I would replace the "Audio File Player_1" with the "Bidule Plugin_1" for INPUT.
And I would replace the "Audio File Recoder_0" with the "Bidule Plugin_1" for OUTPUT.

Correct?

As the "VST host" component of foobar is 32bit, I also thought about using a "host VST x64" (like the Pedalboard2) and a "Virtual Audio Cable".

In the OUTPUT of the foobar I would choose the "Virtual Audio Cable" INPUT.
In "host VST x64" I would insert Bidule VST.
In the INPUT of the "host VST x64" I would choose the "Virtual Audio Cable" OUTPUT.
And in the output of "host VST x64 I would choose the sound card.

Correct?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:23 am 
SBU Wiki Team

All sounds correct.

Assuming your "Virtual Audio Cable" performs without issues.

I've messed with all of those at one point or another, and settled on this one ($14 US) in the end: https://www.nerds.de/en/loopbeaudio.html

But I'm doing >= 16 channel stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:17 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

The original layout appeared different to me compared to the image that you posted.
In my case, it appears with some "components" without any connections, some marked in red after the name.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:28 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

I removed all the not in use stuff.

Feel free to use the original if you prefer.

A box ALL IN RED, means you don't have a component inside the group represented by the box, or the box itself, if you can't expand it any further.

A "red NOT" sign to the side of the box, just means it's muted (possible states are "processing" - no symbol, bypassed - green arrow, or muted - red not sign).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:10 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Thanks for the explanation, I'm learning little by little.

If I install the x64 version of Bidule, the layouts/plugins that I have (SPEC, "dtsac3.com"...) will they keep working?
How do I backup my Bidule content to transfer to the new x64 installation?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:51 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Spec has a 64 bit version. But you might want to keep a 32 bit version working for others. Don't know. You should probably post on plogue.com for how to do that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:15 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Is it possible to keep both x86 and x64 versions installed?

Another question: in the original layout of "Multi-Matrix Quadraphonic Decoder for Plogue" (layout of these topic),
the "Speaker Volume" and the "Audio File Recorder_0" has six channels, but only five are used (the fourth channel has no connection).
When you replaced "Audio File Recorder_0" with "Bidule Plugin_0", you connected all six channels.
Does this have any problems?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:55 am 
SBU Wiki Team

"Is it possible to keep both x86 and x64 versions installed?"

I can't spend any time on that. Please post about it on Plogue.com forum. I can tell you that I do seem to have an older version under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Plogue\Bidule

where as the new versions are under

C:\Program Files\Plogue\Bidule

The old one seems to run, but as I said I can't spend time going into details on testing that and any interactions with the newer version.

The sixth connection is probably for LFE. No Harm in the extra connection. It's probably silent (unless some option is checked. don't know).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next