SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:14 pm
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:06 pm 
Stereo

S T Riddle you make an astounding job for this layout, I'm really love with your layout till now especially in vario-matrix mode when listen to Bread album it's really take a fine job decode to all 4 channel.
the center channel in your layout did a good job too and for my personal opinion your center channel and rear surround are better than spec layout which it's decode almost properly to all channel.. thank you for this layout .

sorry for my english because that's not my native language..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:35 pm 
Surround Fan

kronos wrote:
S T Riddle you make an astounding job for this layout, I'm really love with your layout till now especially in vario-matrix mode when listen to Bread album it's really take a fine job decode to all 4 channel.
the center channel in your layout did a good job too and for my personal opinion your center channel and rear surround are better than spec layout which it's decode almost properly to all channel.. thank you for this layout .

sorry for my english because that's not my native language..

Thanks for complements. Any stereo source with a "wide" spread of various parts (ie. individual parts placed at C, 1/2-way L or R, and full L and R) will produce a decent surround effect (usually better in QS mode for stereo to surround synth). This is even more impressive in "Stereo Enhance" but can be a little too much for some tastes (hard to describe but maybe not enough "atmosphere" or "stage" and can be odd on tracks with vocals or drums panned to R or L, or some with doubled vocals on R and L).

The Center Channel is a "work in progress". I had an idea to reduce the the "hard" R and L based on using "logic" functions that worked well. The trouble is it also passes some "out of phase" material which can reduce front to back separation when used for quad. Use it sparingly until I can add more "logic" to eliminate these better. To say it does better than SPEC at Center may be a bit much; I have only listened to his earlier versions and he likes his current version better than mine for that task. Who am I to argue with such a Plogue wiring/coding wizard as he is. He has helped me overcome stumbling blocks in the past and also designed the current GUI for choosing methods in my layout. His help is always GREATLY appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:29 pm 
Stereo

any updates?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:02 pm 
Stereo

How can I make it work in real time on foobar like a VST plugin?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:26 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

It is possible to run plogue bidule inside foobar, as a VST.

It only seems to work with one of the two VST host foobar plugins, and no guarantees that it will keep working as foobar matures as it looks like development has stopped on that plugin.

foo_vst version 0.9.0.3 or higher
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=84947

The instructions I have written are for running Spec inside foobar, but any layout, such as the Quad decoder should work similarly. I had just put some extra magic in my layout to detect multi channel music and pass it straight through, where as stereo would get converted to 5.1.

If you want to see my instructions for that let me know and I'll post a link.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:51 pm 
Stereo

I already use SPEC as VST inside the foobar. Yourself who taught me.

However, the "Multi-Matrix Decoder Quadraphonic" does not work. When I press the PLAY has no sound.