SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 am
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:32 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Greetings from Texas,

I am making progress. I have gotten acr tan to work up to the point of zag checking the levels. I am using the Spec 4.86-Zag 3 layout from the Spec install. The setup will run for about 2 to 7 minutes and then the audio player will freeze up at say 5:17. The setup will show slight activity but the clock on the player never budges. Has anyone else had a similar problem. Thank you for the great site.

Doctor r

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:40 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

This is a new one on me.

Maybe try loading the same audio file in the simple layout and see if it runs past that point.

What about live monitoring? Does it run past the problem point when you are "oneline"?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:28 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Zeerround,

I did try the simple layout and it did the same thing.

Help!

Doctor r

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:36 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

I think your audio file is messed up.

Test it in foobar2000 (recommended player)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:44 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Zeerround,

I too thought the file was messed up. I loaded just the audio player, gain & audio recorder and the file ran smoothly completely through. How high should the dsp load be running? Mine is running about 140. The computer does not seem to have a problem running spec. Before the player freezes it starts to skip seconds (it will count 46,47,49,51,54Also where does the output file from the recorder go (i.e. into what file)? Also what are channels 7 and 8 for on Zmeter/recorder and Zmon in the layouts that came with spec4.86/Zag3 for?

I know these are dumb questions but I swear I will make it up to you,

Doctor r

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:22 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

If you're running over 100% your computer is not fast enough to run spec in realtime with your current DSP settings, however, if you are showing DSP while recording you are not in "offline" mode. You need to use offline mode when recording (edit --> offline processing).

In offline mode the DSP display changes to just show how much audio time has been processed so far (and you won't hear anything from your audio device).

For live monitoring you want your DSP to be below about 85%, so it doesn't glitch up to 100 or above at any time. Please check your DSP settings.

Buffer should be 512 (newer version of PB have higher settings, you can try those if you want). FFT size should be 8192 and overlap 16 for really good quality. If your DSP is too high you can cut down on overlap. Again, for recording you can use higher quality DSP settings because you will be offline, vs. realtime.

Be sure to stop processing and save your layouts before changing DSP settings as PB sometimes crashes during DSP changes.

Don't worry about the extra output pins right now. Let's get you going first.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:49 am 
Surround Enthusiast

Zeerround,

I tried doing one track at a time and it worked. My problem must be with EAC. I thought it was supposed to remove the gaps between songs but I played one of the long files and it did have gaps, I also discovered plogue was freezing at one of the gaps every time.

What trick am I missing in Foobar, I can not call up a window even remotely like the ones in the SPEC guide? I load flac files right click and hit convert but no option looks like what you show.

Please help

Doctor r

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:37 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

check your Private Messages.