[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - any help will be great

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:26 am
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

Post subject: any help will be great
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:53 am 
Quad

hi there. sorry if this is in the wrong place but here goes.....

im trying to mux an A-dvd or any type of media i cant enjoy some Dts or DD surround using my ps3 and yamaha RX-V461. my problem is this
When trying to mux to AVCHD audio muxer informs me that unless the files are 48khz 96khz or 192khz are not compatible? im not all that sure im doing this right. but i reincoded my Dts 44100hz / 1411.2kbs 6ch wav to 192khz ac3 and it works great as an avchd. but tbh the sound quality isnt much.
are there any better methods i can use ether A-dvd AVCHD so i can enjoy surround sound.? SACD is not an option here as later ps3 models removed this feature any way thanks in advance for any help given

bobby

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:37 am 
SBU Wiki Team

I'll let the author answer audio muxer questions but it is possible to play DTS CDs on a PS3. It is just a matter of seetings.

Would that help?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:47 am 
SBU Wiki Team

See here:

http://www.ps3sacd.com/faq.html#_Toc177216814

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:31 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Last edited by River161 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:54 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Indeed, DTS-MA does not allow 44.1kHz wavs.

If you have DTS-Wav files, you can just burn them on a disc (see ) and that disc will play just fine on a PS3. But you'll have to tell the PS3 to also allow 44.1kHz files. I think it is somewhere in Audio Settings where you select optical or HDMI as output and then the formats that you want to allow for. Please, please, please, while testing this on a PS3, turn down the volume, because if the PS3 does not correctly interpret the DTS stream within the Wav file, you'll get static noise and that could potentially harm your speakers. You have been warned ;) ;)

If you want to convert that multi-channel wav file (which needs to be in 48kHz or above. Go to the Audio Conversion panel in AudioMuxer and select the resample to "48000" or above option and hit the "Mono-Wav" button) to DTS or DTS-MA, you'll need the Surcode DTS Encoder or the DTS Master Audio Suite. Both are commercial products. Once you'll have that .DTS/.CPT or .DTSHD file, then you can just load that file in AudioMuxer, select the MKV/AVCHD Mux option, but do not forget to select the "4Gb Split" and "8.3 file format" option if you want to play the result on a PS3. When the AVCHD is created, copy that full AVCHD directory on a FAT-32 USB stick or drive and you will be able to play that without a problem on a PS3 through the Video selection panel.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:21 am 
Quad

thanks alot for the advice. im gonna try the dts cd option first. as my only working method so far is to. mux my wavs to mkv with artwork.
then author the .mkv's to dvd. that works well. but the cd option will be far more cost effective i hope it works i'll update my progress thanks for the help guys!!! :P

Edit...
seem the ps3 by default has pcm 2-chan 44.1 selected by default and it canNOT be unchecked. even if i select dts and dd5.1 i cant uncheck the pcm 2-chan 44.1 so by default selects it guess what noise i get?

yup static!.... i guess the way im doing it works for me :geek: ...................................................................................................

EPiC FAiL!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:33 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Are you using HDMI or Optical?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:43 pm 
Quad

optical. although my av unit has hdmi. its only for video???? so optical is my only option sadly. things would be easy if i could use HDMi :lol:
but what fun is that???????

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:12 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:54 am 
SBU Wiki Team

I agree with River161, every PS3 will play DTS-CDs, but you'll have to play a bit with the settings:

For optical out:
-Check that Dolby Digital 5.1 & DTS 5.1 is selected in Sound Settings and that 88.2 & 192 are NOT selected (only 44.1 & 48 should be selected together with DD & DTS!!)
-Check that 44.1/88.2/176.4 is selected as Output Frequency in Music Settings and Bitmapping = OFF
-When playing some music, hit the triangle, go to the Volume option and make sure it is at "Normal"

That should do the trick ;)