[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - multichannel .dts to .dtswav -- how to?

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:35 am
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:26 pm 
Stereo

Hi Folks

After hours of searching, I fell upon this thread - and the answer to my conversion issue. Similar to krabapple, I stream dts music from the computer to my AVR, and have a few DVD-Video (dts) titles I would prefer to play from the hard drive.

Using AudioMuxer to extract the "*.dts" files was a good start, but I was still faced with all the playback problems noted previously. The spdifer.exe trick worked fine... so THANK YOU to all who collaborated on uncovering this method/fix.

Going forward, it would be very handy for AudioMuxer to provide this as a one-click operation (please add my vote to the wish list).

@Pl4yitLOUD:
You probably know this already, but please allow me to point out one of the factors hampering "*.dts" file playback on most Windows-based media players - the data is stored in Motorola format (big-endian). Windows understands Intel format (little-endian). See for a concise explanation of these opposing byte-order schemes. Without specific coding or a plugin that handles this, I think big-endian playback will fail.

The excerpt from the dts PRO Encoder manual describes output file characteristics, and mentions both *.dts and *.cpt are in Motorola format. I presume AudioMuxer would account for this when doing an extraction from DVD-Video sources.

Curiously, while the spdifer.exe trick created a WAV file that "works" from the computer, this WAV file is not recognized by tranzcode (it halts with: Error: Not a valid wav header, either file is corrupt, or is not a wav file!). Perhaps the no-wave-header, or zero-padding is confusing tranzcode.

Anyway - by way of contribution - I thought I should post these thoughts. Thanks again to everyone involved.

Cheers,
Grant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:15 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Thanks Grant for your feedback.
I believe that the latest version of AudioMuxer does implement the "one-click operation" now. Have a look ;)
Your explanation is correct, i.e. that is what spdifer exactly does, it not only adds SPDIF-specific information in front of every DTS frame, but it also changes the endian form of the DTS stream, and that is why it works.

Post subject: Holy SWISS ARMY KNIFE !!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:18 pm 
Stereo

@Pl4yitLOUD: Holy SWISS ARMY KNIFE !!

I just finished loading up the latest version of AudioMuxer, tinkering some with the DVD files, and find it does the job beautifully.

Thank you for adding the feature (one-click dtsWAV extract from VIDEO_TS) - and in general, for the great tool set ! I appreciate the downmix-to-stereo function too. Some day I'll figure out how it does DVD authoring.

In the meantime, I wish you continued success expanding the capabilities of AudioMuxer (ie. a low bug:feature ratio ;) )

Cheers,
Grant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:24 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Thanks Grant. Much appreciated! 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:36 am 
Surround Junkie

I joined SurroundByUs community last November. I have been able to enjoy and learn how to “make my own” 5.1 DVDs since then. It is so much easier with Audiomuxer and all the information that is so freely given.

THANKS!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:04 pm 
Tri-Field

OLD post, yes, I know, but when folks are searching for issues, results come up. It's how I found this site (awesome, btw, thanks).

I have an EASY solution to convert .dts to 48khz DTSWAV:-

1. Extract audio from DVD (or .iso or wherever) using DVD Audio Extractor or your favourite program. Extract as .dts (direct stream demux)
2. Open file with Audacity - make sure to set default Project sample rate to 48000 beforehand.
3. Export MULTIPLE as 6 mono wav's (yes, you can do this as 24 bit)
4. Mux with SurCode DVD DTS.

Voila! 24/48 DTS WAV files .....

Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:23 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Audacity requires ffmpeg to decode .dts files, yes?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:25 am 
Tri-Field

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:42 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Yeah there are many methods. AudioMuxer (from this site) is the swiss army knife of audio. Also foobar2000 is a great player with lots of plugins that can play various formats and also allow for easy conversion.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:01 am 
Tri-Field

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6