[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - any tips for mac users :) please

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:08 am
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:38 am 
Surround Enthusiast

Thank you for this step by step guide :)

It looks pretty cool and I`d love to give it a try. Is there a way to do this with a mac?
Any tips please? Any similar step by step guide for mac users?
I would really appreciate any help :)

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:57 am 
SBU Wiki Team

You can start here for Mac users -->

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:29 am 
Surround Enthusiast

Thank you Pl4yitLOUD

i am trying to see what plugins i need :(
it says i dont need any and still i can not see the page. When trying to install manually, there are so many available... lol
maan i feel a bit inadequate at this stuff lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:26 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Let's get our terms straight. There are different kinds of plugins.

VSTs (based on a standard by Stienberg). You don't need any of these on the mac.

AU (Audio Unit). The one you need are already installed in OSX. You don't need to do anything

Plogue Bidule native plugins. There are three of these that you need that come with SPEC. Those are the .bundle files in the download. Just follow the directions to install those in a "plugins" folder inside the Bidule directory.

There are other things in the package that must be installed. Just follow the directions. Everything is supplied.

The only install option for OSX is manual at this point. You are looking at the OSX instructions, right?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:47 pm 
Surroundaholic

Think he's talking about that Adobe plugin you need on this site. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:07 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

hi,

Yes Blake 71 I was in fact talking about those as i could not even see this page... although the info that Zeerround posted referring to plugins was most welcome as I need all the beginners info I can get :) lol

ok now lets see if i can install that XLD stuff lol

I would really welcome a very basic step by step and I can not use command line either :( but i like learning so... with patience, and perhaps help from you guys ,) I will get there :)

well......lol after following the instructions and putting everything in the correct directories... I though PlogueBidule and Spec were installed... then, I realized that the red box still appeared and after reading it more calmly I remembered that I am usig Leopard, NOT Snow leopard :( grrrrrrr... lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:20 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Ahhh...

Should just come up in the previewer. Let me check.

OK, if you are using Safari it should just work. It's just a pdf, no plugin needed.

If you are using Chrome, you can google for pdf plugin +chrome. What I did was get the latest version from the "dev" channel, and it has pdf support built in and works on the "Mac Corner" pages.

What browser are you using?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Is this an intel mac?

If so, any reason you can't go to snow leopard?

If you have a PowerPC mac, I have unfortunately not been able to get this working on PowerPC.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:58 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Going to order it now lol
snow leopard that is

the browser i use is firefox and on what seem to be videos, posted here by you, all i get is a big grey box with the plugin installation icon in the middle but then when i click to install them, firefox checks it and says that I dont need it so I go to manual install but i dont know which ones to install. Already updated the pdf and flashplayer anyway, so maybe i also need to update java perhaps?

I was reading a bit around and maan you guys are scary... You really know your stuff. Sometimes i kinda get what you are talking about although i dont know anything about the specifics; software, and all the technical stuff. It`s actually amazing :)
i love it, i just regret not knowing more and being actually able to follow a lot of stuff that you guys talk about lol

,) anyway, snow leopard hopefully will be dancing on my machine soon enough :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:31 pm 
SBU Wiki Team