[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - any tips for mac users :) please

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:01 pm
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:23 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

well sometimes just seeing you guys talk its like wt heck
yes, I guess not everyone is a sound engineer lol. My job is also pretty removed from all of this although I have always loved physics and electronics, I never really studied it in depth. I would be very happy to do it as a hobby though.
Sound is something that i love. Music, musical instruments, sounds in general. Even the different miaws of my two spam lol. Sometimes the sound of some familiar household appliance, something with a peculiar and different sound.

What you guys are doing here is impressive :)

There is one thing that i need to mention though. When I listen to that Iso made from a Genesis sacd, although the sound was amazing, there was something a bit strange in it.
The sound at times seemed to be coming in waves as if the amp would for milliseconds loose it or as if the speakers were a bit faulty. It was almost imperceptible but still. Do you understand what i am referring to? Is that part of the surround that this process is trying to achieve or could it be something not right with the file?
Whatever it was, the sound was still amazing, almost as if it was live, kinda thing :)

Ok, I will keep trying to learn about it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:27 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:33 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:08 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Hummmmm... now I am getting even more confused lol

ok, so this is what he wrote, the guy who made that Genesis available:

"This is the original 5.1 surround mix encoded in full bit rate regular DTS.
Source used are the 24/88 lossless PCM tracks Ripped digitally from the SACD release.
The disc format is DVD - playable on most DVD players.
The ISO file fits on a DVD5 - You can use a regular single layer DVD- or + R - Do Not use a CD-R.
Highly recommended that you use IMGBURN to burn your disc."

then this site was recommended for people that wanted to learn about it, and that`s how I found myself here :)

These are the processes discussed here aren`t they?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:19 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

Yes Zeerround it`s an Intel mac
as i said, hopefully i will put snow leopard on it and will try the software again :)

For now I am just trying to get a bit more comfortable with your terminology and lingo, as I go along, learning bits and bobs.

Right now it would really be cool to do one of my favourite albums to check for myself what`s going to be like :)

The video stuff i was talking about is just something that I noticed when i got to the page for mac users, here on surroundbyus.
I was just saying that when i got to the page i see a window that asks me to install the missing plugin and when I click on the icon to do so firefox checks and says that i dont need anything. don`t worry though, i will install some updates and it might do it.
I have no trouble watching clips on youtube or anywhere else. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:24 pm 
Surroundaholic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:37 pm 
Surround Enthusiast

hummmmmm...
thanks for you reply Blake :)

Now I am getting really curious about all of this.
maan i need to investigate this and I would really love to be able to do one to try it for myself. So it seems that what I listened to was not what you guys are talking about hummm
and you are saying that the process you discuss here is perhaps as good :) quality wise?

What I heard, was goood. :)
Now I am really curious to try your method :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:27 pm 
Surroundaholic

But how come you had never heard a surround mix before? They've been arround for quite sometime now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:42 am 
Surround Enthusiast

Yes I guess they have. I think over time I just lost the enthusiasm.
In my spam me and my friends were nuts about hi fi. I had a Thorens turntable and a pair of Fisher loudspeakers that were heaven. My amp was a Nakamishi which I still have today.
But then came the CDs and the dat and the minidisc and the CDs was the format that stuck. The sound was not what we had before and also life takes over.
I guess I just hot disconnected with it :(
Until by chance I decided just to have a go at listening to that file I have mentioned and it surprised me :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:48 am 
Surround Enthusiast

Also to be honest, I find the idea of good quality in music, something that should not be perceived as a luxury and I find it completely absurd for record companies to charge £70 for an album. In fact I find it a robbery so I think I just got used that ok CDs it's what it is. And I kind of conformed to it lol
Till I listen to that genesis and then I though:
My God there is hope :))