[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - Can't get AudioMuxer to make skippable chapters (tracks)

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:17 pm
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:12 am 
Tri-Field

Hi all. I'm new here and am a Macintosh user. That said, I also use a Dell PC with Vista Home Premium.

I'll try to be brief but need to lay out my problem and see if someone can help me. Typically, an online friend posts DTS-MA Surround AVCHD. I download the .ISO file and I burn to a blank DVD (on my Mac), place the disc into my Panasonic DMP BD-55K Blu-ray player and get some fine sounding music. However, I got stumped recently because, on one disc with 16 tracks (chapters) the following happened. I could not use the "skip" function on the Blu-ray remote to jump to another track as I can with other AVCHD discs. I also could not advance to any track but using the number keys "4" for example or "04" for example. So, basically, I'm stuck on track one. I hit the remote's "Status" button. What this revealed is that I was on Title 1 or "T1" and Chapter 1 or "C1". If I let the disc play without touching any other buttons the music does continue to "C2", "C3" and the status shows the total time of the disc: 1:18:00.

The gent who made the .ISO file for my disc suggested I use AudioMuxer to correct the unskippable chapters and he gave me a quick tutorial on AudioMuxer and responded to more an more questions of mine. While I made progress in using AudioMuxer on my Dell and tried suggestion after suggestion from the gent and I tried different settings on AudioMuxer I could never produce a disc that would allow me to skip tracks or input track numbers through my remote. In some scenarios I wound up with 3 sets of 16 file types each: Image, .ISO (.ISO was appended to the name of each track), and .MKV. What I was looking for and sometimes got was 3 files, total, once each for Image, .ISO, and .MKV. When that would happen I'd use the .ISO file and ImgBurn to burn the disc.

I need give you an overview of some of the things I've tried. I launch AudioMuxer. I select Tools. I select Extract Audio From Blu-ray. I click on the Select MPLS file. I browse to that file and select it from the Playlist folder. It parses the file. I select the line "DTS Master Audio, English 5.1 Channels, 24 bits, 48khz" and press the Extract button, give the file a name and have AudioMuxer produce a .DTSHD file. (All items below Extract button are selected.) In the left hand pane under the Select Audio button the individual tracks show up just fine. I then click the "CUE Split" button and select the .CUE file. Now the numerical track names and track numbers change to the exact titles of the songs. Great so far. Now, I've tried a variety of settings: "Split in Files" and "Split by CUE entries" selected together. On selected and the other not selected. "Split in Files" and "Split by Main Audio Track" selected together. "Split by CUE entries" selected and "Split in Files" not selected. Should I be expecting one big .ISO file, one big Image file, one big .MKV file? I've been burning from the big .ISO file. Is this correct? (I always have "Export to AVCHD" and "ISO" checked by the way.) When I use the big .ISO file it writes fine through ImgBurn and I get a playable disc for my Blu-ray player but, after all this work, the result is the same! The tracks are not skippable nor can I just go to track 7 by hitting the numeric keypad on my Blu-ray remote.

So, can anyone please walk me through a solution to this maddening problem? I feel like I'm so close to a solution...and yet so far!

Thanks for any and all help you might provide.

SNazz123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:17 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

If you want to make 1 ISO, then you do not need to touch the "split in files" or "split by..." option in the "Mux To" panel.

Procedure to follow:
- extract the DTS-HD stream + add stream to the input panel
- hit the CUE button and load the CUE sheet (do not select the "split in files" option)
- select MKV, with the AVCHD & ISO option selected
- select Blank Video
- hit the "Mux to" button

After a while, you should have 1 MKV file and 1 ISO file.

Let's now follow some steps to check whether the ISO is correct.

Mount that ISO file with (which works really great with blu-ray/AVCHD ISO's). Once mounted, play the blu-ray on your PC. If you do not have a player, then I suggest you try out .

Now, can you skip chapters when playing that ISO on your PC?

Awaiting your answer, we will take it then from there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:44 pm 
Panny BD players seem to have the most difficulty playing AVCHD discs - make sure you have installed the latest firmware for your player..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 pm 
Tri-Field

Thanks very much for the quick response. I took your advice and downloaded the free Virtual Clone Drive Pl4yitLOUD. Right clicked to Mount my .ISO image. It mounted fine and is identified as "HD DVD-ROM Drive (L): AVCHD". Good so far? When I right click and select "Play" it launches into Windows Media Player but none of the tracks appear. Hmmm. (Maybe WMP doesn't support these files.) When I get a few minutes I'll see about downloading ArcSoft TMT3 especially if you think WMP won't work. Until I get the ability to play these tracks with the Virtual Clone Drive approach, I can't test your thinking - but I see where you are coming from.

Good point "20271". I just checked the other day and no Panny updates that I don't have. The player usually tells me when to update, automatically, but I also manual check, too.

Thanks to both!
SNazz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 pm 
Tri-Field

Aha! Downloaded the trial version of ArcSoft TMT3.

After installing TMT3 and Mounting my saved .ISO file and right mouse selecting TMT3 the first file and its subtitle loaded and played. Clicking NEXT (or skip) did allow me to move to the next track with no problems!

OK...know that we know this - I'll await your instructions on all the settings I should use with AudioMuxer and ImgBurn to successful burn an AVCHD from the .ISO (or a new one you tell me to build) to replicate the Virtual Disc I was able to use on the PC as something the Panny Blu-ray can deal with. (Please keep in mind that other DTS-MA AVCHD have worked just fine on my Blu-ray player.

Thanks! I'll check here tomorrow.

SNazz123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:01 am 
SBU Wiki Team