[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - AudioMuxer (Discussion)

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:40 am
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:47 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:49 am 
Mono

When will there finally be a NEW version that can work with 4K Blu-ray, HEVC and Dolby Atmos?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:11 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Dolby Atmos works now, assuming you have a Dolby Atmos Encoded Audio, as does DTS:X.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:28 am 
Mono

Hello all. Glad to be here.

Just to report and maybe learn a workaround for the following issue:

I burned to DVD-Video a compilation of songs. I wanted to add an additional one but the extractions from the burned DVD are multichannel PCM, with just L&R data.

That makes them incompatible with regular stereo wav files, and AudioMuxer throws an error when trying to author a new DVD.

Many, many thanks for AudioMuxer, TWIMC!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:45 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

Welcome.

What is the error message AM is throwing at you ;)
Remember that multi-channel AC3 (or DTS) is preferred for DVD. Multi-channel wavs are not a good match for that format.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:28 am 
Mono

Is AudioMuxer Open Source? There doesn't seem to be much going on with it right now. I'm an experienced C#/.NET Developer and would like to assist (bug fixes, update to newer framework, etc.).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:16 am 
Mono

Hi, I wanted to say how useful I've found AudioMuxer to be.

I love to listen to surround music in the car, and have a Lexus fitted with a Mark Levinson Surround sound system.

As good as this is for two-channel music, the manufacturers chose to somewhat cripple the system by only
supporting Dolby Digital as a surround sound CODEC, and only then does it recognise this from physical DVD
discs.

AudioMuxer works well with discs I've authored with DD at 448 kbps, but the car's system will play DD at 640 kbps just fine.

Would it be possible, in a later release, to have a work-around, or override to allow AudioMuxer to create a DVD structure with
DD files at 640 kbps ? At the moment, it cannot and throws an error.

NB. There are a few official, commercial DVD's out there with DD @ 640 kbps as an option - the Pink Floyd Immersion box sets of "Dark Side
of The Moon" and "Wish You Were" here have them, for example.

Cheers,

Dave.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:20 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

I am not the author, or even an expert, but I think what you want to do is set audiomuxer to Mux to MKV, and check Export To AVCHD (and optionally check ISO).

That will make an AVCHD image, which is essentially a Blu-Ray compatible file disc, but will fit on a DVD. If you checked off ISO just burn it to DVD and you should be good to go.

That worked for me here with a ffmpeg encoded AC3 at 640Kbps:

ffmpeg -i "5.1 mch.flac" -c:a ac4 -b:a 640k ac3.m4a

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:27 am 
Stereo

Hello all, hopefully there are still folks around watching this forum. I’ve been using AudioMuxer for quite a while to extract multi-channel soundtracks from MKV files created with MakeMKV from DVD or Blu-Ray concerts/albums. The process has worked very well for me.

Today, I ripped a concert DVD Video using MakeMKV and then used the Extract Audio from MKV/MKA file function in AudioMuxer. I use Load into AudioMuxer and split into chapters and export to FLAC.

I’m getting an error during the process:
Drive:/Path/output.wav.chapters.txt not loaded:
“CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000” not found in the first line.

Looking at the output.wav.chapters.txt file, the first line is indeed not 00:00:00.000. It’s CHAPTER01=00:00:00.066

Does anyone know how to get around this error?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:58 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Most probably a special case this one.
I suggest that you extract the file using "Load In Audiomuxer With Chapters" and do not select any of the other options.
This will give the same error message when the file is loaded in the main Audiomuxer panel.

Now edit that chapter.txt file, using a text editor, and change the 066 at the end to 000 and save it.

Use now the "CUE Split" button in the main panel on that extracted audio file, but first next to "Split in files" also select the options that you were normally also going to select in the Extract MKV/MKA panel.
Then click on the "CUE Split" button and select that ...chapter.txt file that you have edited and that should normally do the trick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next