[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SurroundByUs.com • View topic - AudioMuxer (Discussion)

SurroundByUs.com

A Stereo-to-Surround Community
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:28 pm
  • No posting regarding file sharing of copyrighted material is allowed
  • AudioMuxer is here
  • Spec, SpecScript and SpecWeb are here

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The tools and techniques described and provided on this forum are intended for use on material owned by users and for their personal use as covered by "fair use" and other applicable copyright laws. The owners and moderators of this forum do not suggest or condone any violation of copyright or other applicable laws. Any use of these methods outside this forum in a manner which violates "fair use" or copyright is done so at the individual's own peril and is not the responsibility of surroundbyus.com.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:19 pm 
Surround Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:49 am 
SBU Wiki Team

Just tested it with Foobar and here it works. I have used foobar 1.3.9 though (latest version). The other components have the same version numbers as yours.
Conversion is however limited to the 48kHz core stream.

Should it not work, feel free to PM me a link to the file and I'll have a closer look.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:35 am 
Mono

Hi all!! Could be possible to get sacd support on audio muxer? i need to decode by foobar and send huge wav's to audiomuxer...

native decoding expected?

Thanks in advance!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:23 am 
Quad

Hi! I'm not sure I get it right that Pl4yitLOUD is the author of AudioMuxer. First of all thanks for your great program. It's been a great time saver in many occasions.

I use it to, among other things, encapsulate in FLAC files DTS and AC3 streams, for having multichannel playback with my Squeezeboxes (that have bitperfect output through SPDIF). Now I find myself in a strange situation, because Squeezeboxes can be synched throughout your hose (I have several in different rooms) but I have only one connected to an AV receiver. If any of them is synched to the AV Receiver connected one... it's white noise madness.

The Squeezebox Server allows for customized transcoding and, basically, I'd love to set up things so that if playback of one of this FLAC/DTS-AC3 files is initiated on a "non AV Receiver connected" unit, the file is transcoded to a stereo version, downmixed.

Now I've isolated the procedure that allows me to get an mp3 or flac two channels downmixed file but it involves three steps. First I need to decode the flac to wav, then I have to feed the resulting wav to http://www.ac3filter.net/wiki/AC3Filter_tools#bsconvert BSconvert] and finally, through FFMPEG I can convert the resulting .dts/.ac3 file to a downmixed stereo audio file (either flac or mp3 or whatever basically). The problem is that, as far as I know, the Squeezebox server allows only for two pass transcoding and it needs to happen through stdin and stdout.

BSconvert comes from the same suit of AC3 Filter Tools you uses spdifer from. Hence my question: are you aware of any way I could transform the above process in a two step one, using stdin and stdout?

I provide you with an example of how, for instance, Squeezebox Server handles the conversion of mp4 (aac) to mp3 to give you an idea, it's a line in a .conf file editable by the end user.

[faad] -q -w -f 1 $START$ $END$ $FILE$ | [lame] --silent -q $QUALITY$ $BITRATE$ - -

as you can see faad is used with the -w option to write to stdout and lame gets that output and does its job.

This isn't strictly audiomuxer related (unless I'm wrong and you provide a commandline interface) but if there is anybody in the world that could have an idea about this, I think it's you. As, basically, BSconvert is capable of reversing what spdifer does.

Thanks for reading. It's all for surround goodness. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:04 am 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:43 am 
Quad

Damn... I hope you didn't lose too much time. I came to the same conclusions after checking this morning here and deciding to keep on banging my head against the wall... ;)

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?19260-Playing-AC3-DTS-tracks-sourced-from-DVD&p=848101&viewfull=1#post848101

I remembered about my post here just now and wanted to say not to lose time on it... :(

The trick, as you found out, was to have FLAC decoding the file to stdout... who knows what FFMPEG was doing internally when trying to do it in one step. I thought I needed BSconvert when I tried doing it in one step in FFMPEG and it wasn't working. If it's not decoded beforehand it treats the flac file as a normal wave and re-encodes just noise.

Again, thank you for your awesome program, thank you for taking the time to help me. And sorry for having wasted some of your time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:01 pm 
SBU Wiki Team

No problem. Glad that it is all sorted out now. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:14 am 
SBU Wiki Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 pm 
Mono

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:08 am 
SBU Wiki Team

What do you mean by including "he-aac" options? Do you refer to the possibility to also encode to AAC+ for everything up to 48kHz, since for now AAC is used as the default because all various channel assignments are available in that format. AAC+ is more restricted to the more common ones (mono, stereo, 4.0, 5.1 & 7.1).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 54  Next